Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Each player will play with the usual 16 chess pieces + 2 new pieces, the new pieces are identical for both players. The choice of the new pieces is an agreement: white chooses the first piece and then black chooses the second piece.
There are 10 musketeer pieces: Leopard, Hawk, Chancellor, Archbishop, Elephant, Unicorn, Cannon, Dragon, Fortress and Spider.
red-rodent

Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Post by red-rodent » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 am

Hi all,
Where can I play Musketeer Chess online, what with the Jocly server down. It has been for ages and there are signs it will be fixed anytime soon. Any signposts would be appreciated - thanks!

sam

Re: Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Post by sam » Tue May 07, 2019 6:30 am

red-rodent wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 am
Hi all,
Where can I play Musketeer Chess online, what with the Jocly server down. It has been for ages and there are signs it will be fixed anytime soon. Any signposts would be appreciated - thanks!
True Jocly is still down, probably not possible at the moment.

If you are interested to play correspondece at 1 to 3 days per move I can play with you. After 1 or 2 moves I will update the board by posting an updated image.

Freus

Post by Freus » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:43 pm

It is pity, that I can not play Musketeerchess online anymore and that there is no software program to play against a special engine. I played often musketeerchess on jocly server... :-(

Best, Freus (Frank Rahde, Germany)

panzerschiff

Post by panzerschiff » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes, miss those online Musketeer Chess games as well. However, I suspect it is hard to get a playing site up and running. Also there are not a massive number of variant players and when there are they all have different favorite games. I am playing some games on Greenchess.net now. They have games like Gothic Chess and Janus Chess as well as something called Half Top Heavy Chess that pits an Amazon army (Dragon plus reduce 4 step rooks against a regular black array.) It is somewhat interesting, but does not compare to Musketeer Chess.

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm

red-rodent wrote:
Hi all,
Hi all
We are back

The variant pages are playable now. Soon we will make some new updates: a circular board painter and a special circular chess variant.

Other interesting updates also. The NEXTGEN Pawns are commercial on House of Staunton and soon on amazon europe. Beginning 2020 some new 20 pieces (many figural including figural spider figural dragon griffin lion lioness dog wolf etc)

Stay tuned

sam

Post by sam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:47 am

musketeerchess wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm
red-rodent wrote:
Hi all,
Hi all
We are back

The variant pages are playable now. Soon we will make some new updates: a circular board painter and a special circular chess variant.

Other interesting updates also. The NEXTGEN Pawns are commercial on House of Staunton and soon on amazon europe. Beginning 2020 some new 20 pieces (many figural including figural spider figural dragon griffin lion lioness dog wolf etc)

Stay tuned
:) right see that musketeer chess is now working at http://musketeerchess.net/games/musketeer/index.php

Lets play then if you are available, will just post the image after every move. Perhaps a minimum of 1 move in 3 days.
Last edited by sam on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

sam

Post by sam » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:52 am

Anybody there who would like to play musketeer chess, I can play if your are available, just have to post the moves and image after couple of moves to get in sync with the game. Musketeer board at http://musketeerchess.net/games/musketeer/index.php is now working. But we need to keep track of our moves manually.

red-rodent

Post by red-rodent » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Brilliant, just checked back in after a while and the games are back up - thanks!

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi
Hope for more to come. Currently working with various persons on Engines playing Musketeer Chess.
The most important step will be Musketeer Ches splayable online against other people.
Reasonably will be available in a month.

Thanks to all the persons supporting us.

red-rodent

Post by red-rodent » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm

musketeerchess wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:27 pm
Hi
Hope for more to come. Currently working with various persons on Engines playing Musketeer Chess.
The most important step will be Musketeer Ches splayable online against other people.
Reasonably will be available in a month.

Thanks to all the persons supporting us.

That's great news, thank you. Is sthere likely to be any mobile app functionality?

Secondly, how the additional figural pieces coming along? Looking forward to seeing them.