Emperor Chess available on Musketeerchess.net

An asymmetric game with a powerful royal piece, the Emperor, alone against complete set.
jerome
Site Admin

Emperor Chess available on Musketeerchess.net

Post by jerome » Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 am

An asymmetric game with a powerful royal piece, the Emperor, alone against a complete set.

There are 2 versions of the game you can play online :

- Emperor Chess : http://musketeerchess.net/games/emperor/
- Emperor Chess with pawn promotions allowed : http://musketeerchess.net/games/emperorpromo/

emperor-init.png
emperor-init.png (56.04 KiB) Viewed 32267 times

Fantactic

Re: Emperor Chess available on Musketeerchess.net

Post by Fantactic » Sun May 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Looks interesting! Out of curiosity I looked this game up on the Chess Variants site, but I see a large board variant from the 1950s. Is this one listed on the ChessVariants page or is it brand new, only on the Musketeer Chess site? I only mention it because people might confuse the two names.

On the first playthrough, my first instinct was to get a strong center using White, and then Black checkmated me with the Emperor :) guess I'll have to put some more thought into it.

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Fantactic wrote:Looks interesting! Out of curiosity I looked this game up on the Chess Variants site, but I see a large board variant from the 1950s. Is this one listed on the ChessVariants page or is it brand new, only on the Musketeer Chess site? I only mention it because people might confuse the two names.

On the first playthrough, my first instinct was to get a strong center using White, and then Black checkmated me with the Emperor :) guess I'll have to put some more thought into it.
Hi, this is a new game. Only available and described in our Website. I may be should publish it on chessvariants.org who's by the way one of the most complete and interesting websites concerning chess variants. Unfortunately, the content is no longer uptodate and the playing app sucks. Fortunately, there is Musketeer Chess for that.

Best regards
Zied

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,

I edited the main post to add the 2 versions now available on the site : Emperor Chess without pawn promotions and Emperor Chess with pawn promotions allowed.