Dragon Chess, a new Chess Variant by Keith Williams

Inspired by Omega chess, played on a 10x10 enlarged board + 4 corners (104 squares) Q on her color, but not white on the right.
Each player has one Elephant and one Hawk out of the board.
JKWms

Re: Dragon Chess, a new Chess Variant by Keith Williams

Post by JKWms » Wed May 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Wow, a lot has happened since my last post, but let me update you about Dragon Chess.

In 2021, I modified Cerebral Chess and renamed it Dragon Chess.
To keep with my original vision of Dragon Chess integrating classic chess, the Leopard was replaced by the Unicorn, but still moves like the Leopard.
I wanted the Unicorn in that position because it looks like a classic knight. Now, the Archbishop, Unicorn, & Fortress all look like the classic chess pieces they replaced, Bishop, Knight, & Rook.
Now, the beautiful Dragons designed by Dr. Haddad look imposing, taking over the four corners, but still move like the old Cerebral Unicorn.
The Cannon needed more power and jumps up to 3 spaces, instead of only 2.
Now, the Cannon and Dragon are the only 2 pieces that can jump 3 squares giving them incredible forking power.

I'm in the process of building a website, https://dragonchesslair.com/ and applying for copyright & trademark.
I'm currently recalculating more accurate values for all of the Dragon pieces.
Dr. Haddad is updating the Dragon Chess game (0.9) on his website and look for it to change to Dragon Chess (1.0).
Once the Dragon website is operational, you'll have access to all the details.

Sincerely Yours,
Keith

musketeerchess

Re: Dragon Chess, a new Chess Variant by Keith Williams

Post by musketeerchess » Sat May 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Hi Keith
Thank you for this update. I will try to update Dragon Chess to it's version 1.0 with the changes you've made.
It would be interesting to see some of your pictures playing Dragon Chess and also if you can publish here some games with some explanations it would be great.