Tools and software
davidmiller420

Re: Board painter

Post by davidmiller420 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:38 pm

musketeerchess wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:46 am
Hi
Thank you for this message.

Concerning adding pieces i’m working on a huge update with more classic chess sets and much more “alternate” designs for existing pieces but also new ones.

The request to be able to load a classic chess board (or a classic droughts board) is not complicated to do and will be added to the to do list shortly after the piece choice update will be done.

Loading a Fen position is already possible. You can already load and save positions using board painter and it board painter can also be used as a tool to play correspondance games. This topic was discussed in earlier posts.

Jerome can be more precise concerning this.

Best regards

Zied
You should recreate old historical chess sets design. This will be a great experience for the current generation to play with these old chess set styles. Plus these unique chess styles definitely give a different look as compared to other chess boards games. As a result, this will give you some boost.

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:21 am

Hi David
Thank you for your suggestion.

My work resulted in having more than 37 different piece styles (the latest are still under development) + own Classic Chess Set + 7 different Alternate Pawn designs.

Reviving the old chess set styles is unfortunately not a priority. My next project will be to make all these pieces available in Rainbow colours, making it possible to play games for 3 to 10+ players.

Best regards
Zied

Pionissimo

Post by Pionissimo » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:45 am

Hello friends

I would need to make a diagram with a piece being a Badger. Would it be possible to create such an icon?

Happy new year 2024 to all

Pionissimo

Post by Pionissimo » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:18 pm

Hmm, in fact I would also need a Ram and an Okapi. I can't find nothing approaching here. I might ask too much, I'm sorry