Board painter

Tools and software
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Board painter

Post by jerome » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 am

I added the cells colors to the created link, important for boards like Musketeer chess.

Doc has been updated with these new parameters.

Requested by user : viewtopic.php?p=1027#p1027

jerome

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:20 pm

The extended FEN notations have been changed to start with black rows instead of white rows.

All links in previous posts and doc have been updtaed.

requested by user : viewtopic.php?p=1033#p1033

jerome

Pionissimo

Post by Pionissimo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:58 am

Hello. I would like to make suggestions for some icons I would need for my project:
* A Cerberus: it's a monster with 3 dog heads. There is one with 3 dogs' head already but it doesn't look like a single animal, and the head have a gentle look. Not a monster at all.
* An Hydra: ideally I would like to have a monster with 3 snake heads.
* A Snake: there is a cobra already, but not very neat. I wish a snake where we can clearly see the forked tongue.
* An Elephant-Bird. Look at the one on Wikipedia (English). There is an Ostrich already, but not very good as an icon.
* A Tapir
* A Boar or a big male Pig.
* A Dodo (the extinct Maurician bird whose silhouette is so recognisable)
* A Troll. For that I use the frog's head up to now. I don't know if something better could be done. I wish a bold head of someone looking neckless, fat and with stupid eyes. That's the way I imagine a troll. For Zied, there is a troll we often cross on certain forums, sure he knows who I'm thinking about. Really, I was thinking of him when I created that piece in my variants. Turned out to be an excellent piece by the way. I laugh.
* A Sabre-toothed tiger (Smilodon): for that no need of a new icon. They exist already (tiger with long canines). The problem is that the White one looks very black and is difficult to distinguish from the Black. Could you manage to have the white less black and more distinct from the black?
I stop here, I asked too much already.
There are many features of the tool that I haven't used yet. That tool is wonderful.

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:31 pm

Happy new year everyone
2022 will be a turning point for Musketeer Chess and Chess Variants. I really hope so.

The Board Painter tool is currently under maintenance. The main URL to use it has changed.

https://musketeerchess.net/p/tools/boardpainter/

There is also another version with additional features and icons here:

https://musketeerchess.net/p/tools/boardpainterV2/

Many more icons will be added, that will allow to chose from different designs for the classic chess pieces and will allow also a bigger customisation for the other pieces, offering different icons for the same piece. Stay tuned.

Pionissimo

Post by Pionissimo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:41 pm

Fantastic!

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:43 pm

Pionissimo wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:41 pm
Fantastic!
Thanks !

I just added some of your pieces.

Happy new year !

jerome
Attachments
image.png
image.png (172.77 KiB) Viewed 43611 times

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,

draughts pieces have been added to V1

jerome
Attachments
draughts.png
draughts.png (84.44 KiB) Viewed 43462 times

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 am

Thank you for adding the draughts pieces. It is a great, great tool and I might have some additional requests or proposals, but first of all I have a big, big request to Musketeer Chess: I am developing an app for draughts (based on the same game engine) to teach the game and a crucial core part of this is making positions in lessons and presenting games with explanations. Anyway, as many others, we all do this for free and for love of our game. I know that the great Jerome build this board painter and it used to be open source. Is it somehow possible that I can use this code pure for draughts?

I would deeply appreciate this and out will help me greatly and speed up to process to bring my app to the kids learning our game.

Now regarding the painter some ideas:

- Is it complicated to add additional pieces?
- is it possible to change the color of the pieces like you can with the fields?
- Is it possible to push a button to load the starting position of the model (so al pieces in start position)?
- Is it possible to load a FEN?
- Is it easy to block fields for adding pieces (light fields, depending on variant/model)? For example with draughts if I want to pur pieces on the last row, I can click on the left bottom field and the right bottom field and it fills all fields in between, but without the light fields. I hope you understand ;-)
- Is it possible that a board I design (colours, pieces, ...) can be uses also when I play a game (against computer/player). So my personal preference.

I thank you all for your thoughts and I love your community!

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:46 am

Hi
Thank you for this message.

Concerning adding pieces i’m working on a huge update with more classic chess sets and much more “alternate” designs for existing pieces but also new ones.

The request to be able to load a classic chess board (or a classic droughts board) is not complicated to do and will be added to the to do list shortly after the piece choice update will be done.

Loading a Fen position is already possible. You can already load and save positions using board painter and it board painter can also be used as a tool to play correspondance games. This topic was discussed in earlier posts.

Jerome can be more precise concerning this.

Best regards

Zied

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:23 am

Ok thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding loading a FEN, I have to find where I can do it. It would be easiest if there was just an input field where I can drop the FEN.

Is it possible I can utilise this stripped code to draughts only to integrate it in my app?