Board painter

Tools and software
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Board painter

Post by jerome » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:31 am

I added the cells colors to the created link, important for boards like Musketeer chess.

Doc has been updated with these new parameters.

Requested by user : viewtopic.php?p=1027#p1027

jerome

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:20 pm

The extended FEN notations have been changed to start with black rows instead of white rows.

All links in previous posts and doc have been updtaed.

requested by user : viewtopic.php?p=1033#p1033

jerome

Pionissimo

Post by Pionissimo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:58 am

Hello. I would like to make suggestions for some icons I would need for my project:
* A Cerberus: it's a monster with 3 dog heads. There is one with 3 dogs' head already but it doesn't look like a single animal, and the head have a gentle look. Not a monster at all.
* An Hydra: ideally I would like to have a monster with 3 snake heads.
* A Snake: there is a cobra already, but not very neat. I wish a snake where we can clearly see the forked tongue.
* An Elephant-Bird. Look at the one on Wikipedia (English). There is an Ostrich already, but not very good as an icon.
* A Tapir
* A Boar or a big male Pig.
* A Dodo (the extinct Maurician bird whose silhouette is so recognisable)
* A Troll. For that I use the frog's head up to now. I don't know if something better could be done. I wish a bold head of someone looking neckless, fat and with stupid eyes. That's the way I imagine a troll. For Zied, there is a troll we often cross on certain forums, sure he knows who I'm thinking about. Really, I was thinking of him when I created that piece in my variants. Turned out to be an excellent piece by the way. I laugh.
* A Sabre-toothed tiger (Smilodon): for that no need of a new icon. They exist already (tiger with long canines). The problem is that the White one looks very black and is difficult to distinguish from the Black. Could you manage to have the white less black and more distinct from the black?
I stop here, I asked too much already.
There are many features of the tool that I haven't used yet. That tool is wonderful.