Hello

Free speech section, let's talk!
vickalan

Hello

Post by vickalan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:41 am

Hello to Zied and other members on this forum.

I might like to learn more about the Musketeer Forum, and later play some games.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to design chess pieces and new games here?

I might like to try another version of "Infinite Chess" and maybe use some of the Musketeer pieces (like we are already doing at the chess.com forum).

Please let me know if there is any way I can do that. Thanks, :)

jerome
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by jerome » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:03 am

Hi,

the games made for Musketeerchess.net are powered by Jocly engine

You can make your own games. Browse the wiki for examples and tutorials: http://wiki.jocly.com

You can design your own pieces like we did for Musketeer Chess using blender for 3D pieces, then export to threejs files for webgl final rendering.

You can also join the new Jocly community Google Groups here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jocly-community

or discuss here ;)

Disclaimer : I was a Jocly developer/designer, now I'm independent and working for people like Zied.

jerome

jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am

this tutorial might interest you : http://wiki.jocly.com/index.php/Changin ... my_own_set

jerome

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi Vick
I'm happy to see you here.

In the next months, there will be 10 new pieces you can use and inspire yourself with.
Here it's a free place to speak (and we should probably send PM for many users on the chess.com to invite them participate in this forum).

I'm again happy to see you here.
Zied

vickalan

Post by vickalan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 am

Hi Zied, and Jerome,

Thanks for posting the links to the tutorial about designing your own pieces. I really like the 3D images of chess piece (nice round glossy pieces).

Unfortunately I think that type of work is a little too advanced for me. I might be able to learn it after some time, but I am already too busy.

Is there any format here for playing correspondence chess? I see the front page of the website has rules for about 6 games, but I don't see if there's formats for competition.

Another idea is vote chess. I've never done it, but mike like to try, if I see it somewhere. It has to be a variant chess game, otherwise people might use chess engines to decide moves.

Let me know if either of these ideas make sense.

Best regards,

musketeerchess

Post by musketeerchess » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 am

Hi
We can try to play games here. For the moment we have not a wide audience and to play games i might prefer to play them on chess.com forum for the same reasons.
We can play any format you like.
In the front page of Musketeer Chess you can play 7 new games based on super pawns, you can play Musketeer Chess, Cerebral Chess (= 9 different games).

We will create new pieces in the next months (new pieces for Musketeer Chess) and other games also.

Neph

Post by Neph » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi, good to be in the forum. Thanks