Maintenance issue

Each player will play with the usual 16 chess pieces + 2 new pieces, the new pieces are identical for both players. The choice of the new pieces is an agreement: white chooses the first piece and then black chooses the second piece.
There are 10 musketeer pieces: Leopard, Hawk, Chancellor, Archbishop, Elephant, Unicorn, Cannon, Dragon, Fortress and Spider.
jerome
Site Admin

Maintenance issue

Post by jerome » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

we had a problem with this "Musketeer Chess" forum which has been accidently pruned. Unfortunately last available backups are from end of july.

We didn't want to make a full restore and lose conversations from august. And new users.

All topics and posts before the 27th of july have been restored directly from the database backups.

All topics and posts after the 27th of july have been manually rebuild from email traces... it's been a hard day's night :)
That's the reason why you will see topics with a "[restored topic]" prefix and some posts with [real post date : xxxxx]

Everything is now in place for texts.
I still have a big issue with some attached files, illustrations in posts. I'm on it...

Other forums are not affected.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

jerome
Site Admin

Re: Maintenance issue

Post by jerome » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm progressing on images, but not yet finished...
The good news is attachment posting should work better now. My researches made me find a fix for multiple attachment uploads which didn't work properly. Now it does.