NEW CHESS DOCUMENTARY: Through the Mirror of Chess

hburton2023

NEW CHESS DOCUMENTARY: Through the Mirror of Chess

Post by hburton2023 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:00 pm

Greetings Musketeer Chess people!

At the risk of sounding overtly self-promotional, I thought that I would let you know that our 4-part documentary series, Through the Mirror of Chess, has recently been released and is available on the Ideas Roadshow app and Vimeo on Demand (pricing is $9.99 for a one-week rental of the entire series or $19.99 for purchase; the 2-DVD set {$39.99) will be available as of May 2). I used Zied's wonderful Board Painter throughout, and I'm most grateful for all of his support. While the films are mostly oriented towards a detailed exploration of the history and cultural impact of international chess, there is also a section on the diversity of chess-like games in Part 1, featuring an extended segment with Rick Knowlton.

For more information about the films and how you can download our app, please visit: www.ideasroadshow.com/chess/.

Please don't hesitate to contact me through this forum or by email (howard@ideasroadshow.com) should you require any more information, but I'm guessing our website (ideasroadshow.com) will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about me and the films.

Best wishes,

Howard Burton

musketeerchess

Re: NEW CHESS DOCUMENTARY: Through the Mirror of Chess

Post by musketeerchess » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:23 pm

This is one of the most interesting and inspiring researches on our beloved game of chess. Renowned experts highlight various aspects such as the historical point of view, societal aspects, the role of computers in chess, etc. Watching this documentary was not only a pleasure, i learned myself new. I recommend everyone to watch these docuseries.