Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Each player will play with the usual 16 chess pieces + 2 new pieces, the new pieces are identical for both players. The choice of the new pieces is an agreement: white chooses the first piece and then black chooses the second piece.
There are 10 musketeer pieces: Leopard, Hawk, Chancellor, Archbishop, Elephant, Unicorn, Cannon, Dragon, Fortress and Spider.
red-rodent

Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Post by red-rodent » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 am

Hi all,
Where can I play Musketeer Chess online, what with the Jocly server down. It has been for ages and there are signs it will be fixed anytime soon. Any signposts would be appreciated - thanks!

sam

Re: Where to play Musketeer Chess online

Post by sam » Tue May 07, 2019 6:30 am

red-rodent wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:01 am
Hi all,
Where can I play Musketeer Chess online, what with the Jocly server down. It has been for ages and there are signs it will be fixed anytime soon. Any signposts would be appreciated - thanks!
True Jocly is still down, probably not possible at the moment.

If you are interested to play correspondece at 1 to 3 days per move I can play with you. After 1 or 2 moves I will update the board by posting an updated image.

Freus

Post by Freus » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:43 pm

It is pity, that I can not play Musketeerchess online anymore and that there is no software program to play against a special engine. I played often musketeerchess on jocly server... :-(

Best, Freus (Frank Rahde, Germany)

panzerschiff

Post by panzerschiff » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Yes, miss those online Musketeer Chess games as well. However, I suspect it is hard to get a playing site up and running. Also there are not a massive number of variant players and when there are they all have different favorite games. I am playing some games on Greenchess.net now. They have games like Gothic Chess and Janus Chess as well as something called Half Top Heavy Chess that pits an Amazon army (Dragon plus reduce 4 step rooks against a regular black array.) It is somewhat interesting, but does not compare to Musketeer Chess.